For the longest time, people have requested from me to start sharing more of my relationship with Matt on my blog. We’ll be celebrating 6 years this July, so what better way than to ask him “6 personal questions.” So…. without further ado, here’s Matt’s FIRST guest blog post. Let’s do this.
What’s the most annoying thing about Dawn?
1) That’s a hard question…there’s so many that come to mind! Just playing:) Its not so much annoying as it is a pet- peeve but Dawn drives like a maniac and plays her techno music really loud! She also never returns things, I cant tell you how many times I’ve thought I lost something only to find it like a month later in her car.
Who were you pre-Matt and Dawn?
2) I was a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude! (Tropic Thunder reference for you guys.) Umm I’d have to say that in many ways I haven’t changed much. My core values, beliefs and respect for everyone has been very consistent. If anything Its a more of a maturity growth that I went through. I have a good understanding of who I am and where I’d like my life to go. Don’t get me wrong I’m still a kid at hart, staying up too late, eating things that are loaded with sugar, playing video games, I just do it in moderation now.
What’s something embarrassing you can tell us about Dawn?
3) I remember Dawn and I went out for a run by my house and she had a bright idea to challenge me to race. Before I could react, in my peripheral vision I can see Dawn sprint (I didn’t know she could move that fast). The next second I witness her epic face plant, she had a scrape/bruising on her hip and was limping all the way back to my house. Now that I think about it we haven’t been on another run together since. LOL
What is your advise for couples going through a rough time?
4) My advice to couples that are going through a rough time would be to ask yourself one question. If you can imagine your life without the other person then let them go. We’ve all been in bad relationships and at least in my experience held on way too long for no reason. Maybe fear of being alone? Maybe fear of starting all over again? Whatever it may be, I think if you lead with that question everything else will take care if itself.
What is your favorite feature of Dawn?
5) My favorite physical feature of Dawn would be her smile. That was the first thing I noticed when we first met, that smile can light up a room. Another feature is that she genuinely cares for people. Sometimes so much that she will jam pack a weekend with all of her friends/family events that she sometimes forgets to make time for herself.
What have you learned about yourself during these (almost) 6 years of being together?
6) I’ve learned patience!!! I think all the people that have been in long relationships will get that one. Patience is very important in a relationship. Its easy to blow up, start swearing, even end the relationship. I know everyone knows that one couple that’s on and off. A relationship like that isn’t healthy and it brings extra baggage to the next relationship.